Counselors & Account Managers
Gretchen M. Stein, PhD
President, CEO, & Co-Owner
Dr. Gretchen M. Stein holds a
solid and proven reputation in EAP behavioral health care delivery,
with over 25 years of experience. She is nationally recognized for her
skills and success as an Employee Assistance Program designer,
behavioral health care system administrator, and public speaker.
energetic entrepreneur, Gretchen also co-owns three other businesses: A
real estate investment LLC named Stein and Sirotiak; a non-profice
holistic healing center called A Place of Grace; and an art business,
Gretchen holds four degrees from the
University of Minnesota including a Masters degree and Doctor of
Philosophy (Ph.D.) from the Department of Family Social Science. Before
starting The Sand Creek Group, Dr. Stein was the Chief Operating Officer
of a large national Employee Assistance Program and served on the
Graduate Faculty of the University of Minnesota.
progressive and caring approach to business has led to a prestigious
list of national and international EAP clients which includes:
- United States Department of Agriculture
- Major League Baseball
- Minnesota Dental Association
- 81 Minnesota Counties
- 300 other corporate and public employers
Dedicated to community service, Gretchen serves in leadership roles with the following organizations:
- Rotary International. One of the first women in Rotary, becoming a
member in 1988. President of the St. Paul Midway Club 1990-1991.
President Stillwater Rotary Club 2007-2008.
- St. Croix Valley Community Foundation. Board of Directors
2004-present. Past, Donor Services Committee Chair. Current Chair of the
- Tozer Foundation, Trustee.
- United Way-active leader in campaigns in St. Paul and Stillwater
since 1981. Campaign Chair 1997. President of the St. Croix Area United
Way in 1998. Board of Directors 1995-2002. Currently serving on Pillar’s
Club Committee for leadership givers.
- 1994 Small Business of the Year, Chamber of Commerce.
- 1997 Person of the Year, The Stillwater Gazette in recognition of outstanding leadership, dedication and vision.
- 1998 Volunteer of the Year-Clayton Moulton Award, St. Croix Area United Way.
- 1999 Woman of Achievement, Stillwater Business and Professional Women’s Organization.